2. RULING: Game over. The final score is A24-B26. Illegal forward pass. The penalty is accepted. ZAP 10 applies. A7 relinquished control because he voluntarily ceased to keep the ball. In the case of a player dropping the ball and having it bounce back into his possession, he did not relinquish control because he involuntarily ceased to keep the ball. EDITORIAL: The current rules editor just might use words that us leather helmet types will understand!!! The 2016 rule should stand as written except for possibly inserting "player" between "retains" and "possession".
3. RULING: Safety. B f/k B20. The score is A30-B28. The foul occurred after a change of team possession in B's end zone. The related run ended in B's end zone. The result of the play is not a touchback. The result of the play is B's ball on B's 9. Thus, The basic enforcement spot is B's goal line and 10-2-2-d-2-c applies. Team A will accept the 15-yard penalty which results in a safety. Team A scores two points. The fourth quarter is extended for a free kick by Team B since a penalty was accepted for a live ball foul that occurred during the last timed down of a period and the statement of the penalty does not include a loss of down.
4. RULING: A 4/12 A28. The period is extended with an untimed down. Since there is no "spot where the subsequent dead ball belongs to Team B," Team B's only penalty option is to have the penalty enforced at the previous spot, thus extending the quarter for Team A to snap the ball in an untimed down. Team A will likely snap the ball and take a knee. If B44's fumble went out of bounds on A's 8, for example, it would be B 1/goal A7 with the period extended.
5. RULING: A f/k 50. Postscrimmage kick enforcement applies only to scrimmage kicks which are not trys, successful field goals or in extra periods. The basic enforcement spot for Team B fouls that occur during a free kick is the previous spot. If the penalty is declined, it would be B 1/10 A40. The penalty will be accepted.
6. RULING: A 1/10 B13. Postscrimmage kick enforcement does not apply in extra periods. The 15-yard penalty is enforced half the distance from the previous spot, B's 26, with Team A retaining the ball. If this field goal attempt was during regulation play, it would be B 1/10 B5 since the postscrimmage kick spot is B's 10. If this field goal attempt was during regulation play and a Team B player did not touch the ball after it crossed the neutral zone, it would be B 1/10 B9 since the postscrimmage kick spot would be the previous spot, B's 26, and the penalty would be enforced from the spot of the foul, B's 18.
7. RULING: B 1/10 B3; Snap. The 15-yard penalty for B66's postscrimmage kick foul is enforced half the distance from the end of the kick, B's 6. The tackle by A84 is not a foul unless (a) the contact was a personal foul; or (b) the signal by B44 was a valid signal. If the signal was a valid signal, the ball becomes dead on B's 8, the spot where B44 touched the ball. Then, enforcement of the penalty for the live ball foul by Team B followed by the penalty for the dead ball foul by Team A would result in B 1/10 B19.