2. RULING: A 1/10 B11. The ball is placed at the left hash mark. B47 commits both defensive pass interference and a personal foul. It is more advantageous for Team A to accept the penalty for the pass interference. The 15-yard penalty is enforced from the previous spot with no half the distance provision. If Team A accepted the penalty for the personal foul, it would be A 1/10 B13. There is no need to consult the captains. If the foul occurred on Bís 16, it would be more advantageous for Team A to accept the penalty for the personal foul. It would be A 1/10 B13 as opposed to A 1/10 B16.
3. RULING: A 4/7 B33. Team A is in legal possession of the ball when the down ends so postscrimmage kick enforcement does not apply. Team A will accept the 10-yard penalty enforced from the previous spot. If Team A declines the penalty, Team B will take the ball at the spot of illegal touching and it will be B 1/10 B20. If B44 did not touch the ball, enforcement of the penalty results in B 1/10 B10.
4. RULING: Safety. B f/k B20. The score is A23-B24. Team B has the first option and may accept offsetting fouls or may decline offsetting fouls. It is more likely that, in this play, Team B will decline offsetting fouls. Team A now has the option and will accept the penalty for B55's foul and that results in a safety. If Team B accepted offsetting fouls, it would be A 1/10 B15 with the clock starting on the ready. Rule 3-4-3 does not apply.
5. RULING: A 3/9 B19. The receiver must return to the ground inbounds with any part of his body to catch the pass. A84 landed on a defender, not the ground, and his first contact with the ground was out of bounds. If A84 landed on a defender on B's 1/2, for example, and the ball penetrated the plane of B's goal line when A84 hit the ground, it would be a touchdown. It would be considered a loose ball and not be a catch until A84 hits the ground.
6. RULING: A 1/goal B4. The foul occurred during A66's run. The 15-yard penalty is enforced half the distance from the end of A66's run, B's 8. If the penalty is declined, it will not, Team B will take the ball at the spot of illegal touching and that results in a touchback. If Team B's foul occurred during the kick, it would be A 1/10 B36. Postscrimmage kick enforcement would not apply since Team B will not next put the ball in play.
7. RULING: B 1/10 50. Team A committed both fouls. The spot where the subsequent dead ball belongs to Team B is B's 45. The 5-yard penalty for Team A's illegal formation foul will be enforced from the spot. The 15-yard penalty for A85's face mask personal foul would be enforced from the end of B44's run, B's 24, and not tacked on where the dead ball belongs to Team B. Therefore, that penalty is declined. A85's foul occurred after the scrimmage kick play ended.