2. RULING: B 1/10 A25. The result of the play is A 1/10 A42 since B75 was the first player to touch the ball after the kick crossed the neutral zone. The neutral zone is expanded three yards for the blocking of a low scrimmage kick. Otherwise it is not expanded. A64 interfered with B75’s opportunity to catch the kick. The 15-yard penalty is enforced from the spot of the foul, A’s 40. If no Team A player was near B75, it would be A 1/10 A42.
3. RULING: A 4/goal B23. The ball becomes dead when B44 touches the ball since he is considered out of bounds. Incomplete pass. The 15-yard penalty for A88's dead ball face mask foul is enforced from the succeeding spot, B's 8.
4. RULING: A 3/3 A47; Ready. The pass was touched by A82 behind the neutral zone. By rule, the pass did not cross the neutral zone. Thus, the penalty does not carry a first down. The 10-yard penalty is enforced from the previous spot, A's 37.
5. RULING: B 1/10 B20 Touchback. The momentum rule becomes null and void when the ball enters the field of play unless the ball goes out of bounds between the goal lines. The foul occurs after a change of team possession in the field of play and the related run ends in B's end zone. Thus, the basic spot is B's goal line. If the penalty is accepted, it would be B 1/10 B10. Team B will decline the penalty. The result of the play is a touchback since A33 provided the impetus. If B44 intercepted the ball in B's end zone, it would be B 1/10 B30.
6. RULING: A f/k A35. Unsuccessful try. The ball does not become dead until recovered by A64 in B's end zone. Although Team B will not next snap the ball, by rule there is a spot of illegal touching and this wipes out the score by Team A. It is reasonable to assume that Rule 6-3-2-a is not intended to imply that Team B must next snap the ball. Or, it is not reasonable to assume that Team A scores two points on the try.
7. RULING: A 1/goal B6; Snap. The pass by A44 is a legal forward pass. The advance by A88 is legal. The clock was stopped at the end of a legal kick down so starts on the snap.